Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Adventure with Essential Oils

Whew, I have about 20 minutes to spare so I thought I would update this old blog.  It has been a while. A lot has happened since my last blogging attempt, but nothing of significance really.  Well, there is one thing.  I stumbled onto a new product while I was selling my lotion bars at a local vendor fair in Lolo, MT.  This new product is called doTERRA.  doTERRA means (derivative of) "Gift from the Earth".  What is this gift of nature that I will write about?  Essential oils!

I have always LOVED LOVED LOVED using essential oils.  I mostly only used them aromatically and sometime topically for various reasons.  The main reason was just because they made my house smell good.  I never really understood their purpose other than diffusing them in a room to help deodorize or perhaps lift my mood.  Well, let me tell you...there are HUNDREDS of beneficial reasons to use EO's topically, aromatically, and even INTERNALLY!  What??  Really?  Internally?  But it says on all the bottles of EO's you get in the store "Not meant for internal use".  doTERRA's oils are CPTG oils.  CPTG means Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade.  The purest of the pure.  Most of the oils doTERRA offers can be taken internally (unless otherwise stated on the bottle).

The three ways to use EO's are as follows:

Aromatically- Diffuse using an oil diffuser or spray bottle.  Many oils have deodorizing properties, mood lifting and/or relaxing properties and even purifying properties.  This is a great way to deodorize a specific room.  You can use oils in sick rooms to help purify the air and kill germs.



Topically-  EO's can be used on our skin to help with various issues.  Tea Tree oil for cuts and scrapes, toe nail fungus, etc.  Lavender for wounds, burns, relaxation and to calm a restless child (or in my case..me!).  The list goes on and on about the oils that can be used topically.



Internally- EO's can be taken in capsule form, mixed in water or drink, or just take a drop under your tongue.  It is especially important to read the label on the doTERRA bottle to make sure the oil can, in fact, be taken internally.  Some oils are considered "hot oils" and can cause some major discomfort if taken undiluted straight under the tongue.  I know this from experience.  Oregano oil is considered a "hot oil" and is also a great immune booster.  I put one drop under my tongue and immediately wished I hadn't.  "Burnination" is the only way I can describe what happen to my mouth, tongue and lips.  So now I take Oregano by diluting in honey.  Much better. 

One oil I use a lot is lemon.  Lemon is wonderful in water and my kids love taking a drop under their tongues.  Ohh, and peppermint.  Talk about clearing the passages!!

In my opinion, the powerhouse of all the oils is a blend called On Guard.  This blend is made up of some very powerful oils.  I diffuse this oil in a sick room, take a drop with honey to soothe a sore throat, clean my counter tops and kitchen, put some on a sponge while washing dishes, there are so many uses for this oil.


"On Guard is dōTERRA’s unique, proprietary blend formulated to support healthy immune function.* Wild orange essential oil, combined with clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus, and rosemary offer a fragrant, natural and effective alternative to synthetic options for immune support. On Guard, with its unique aroma, is one of our most versatile blends. It is also safe to use on counter tops, as a non-toxic way to cleanse surfaces, or to clear the atmosphere by diffusing. On Guard is superb for eliminating and controlling pathogens due to the potency of its constituents."


Another aspect of the doTERRA company is the income earning opportunity. Now, before I get to deep into that, know that YOU DO NOT have to sell these oils to reap the benefits.  YOU DO HAVE TO SELL if you want to make money.  Let me explain.  There are 3 ways to get your hands on these oils.  Here they are:

IPC/Wholesale:  IPC stands for Independent Product Consultant.  Share your wealth of health knowledge, sell oils to other that could benefit from the amazing properties each oil offers, and receive 25% off purchases.  Here is the cool thing- you DON'T have to sell product to become a wholesale member.  You pay the $35 fee and that is it (well, you do have to register as a wholesale member, but it is easy).

Preferred Member:  Pay a $10 Lifetime fee and receive 20% of retail prices.  You can also participate in the Loyalty Reward Program that is offered and receive credits toward future purchases.  I will explain LRP later in this post.  You can always upgrade to a Wholesale member by paying an additional $25.

Retail customer :  You purchase oils online at retail prices.  No need to sign up for membership.  Easy enough.

Loyalty Rewards Program:  Have your favorite products shipped to you automatically every month! (You can change your products as often as you would like).  If your order is 50 PV (product value) points or higher, you earn credits towards future purchases. LRP is available with the Preferred Membership and IPC/WHOLESALE Membership.  Click this link to learn more: LRP  If you place an LRP order of 125 PV or more, you qualify for a free PRODUCT OF THE MONTH.  It is a great way to earn free oils.


If you are interested in just learning about essential oils and their powers, please do not hesitate to contact me.  I would love to share with you.  Also, if you are interested in signing up, I can help you with that, too.  First thing I suggest is clicking here - Jessica's doTERRA page and take a look around.  You can also join by clicking the "signup/join" link under "Quick Links".  My consultant info is Jessica Williams 283073

IF YOU DO DECIDE TO SIGN UP UNDER ME, I WILL GIVE YOU A FREE INTRO KIT W/CD. SEE BELOW:


I started with doTERRA simply because I believe their oils are the best.  I love what they have done for my family and myself.

I will post another blog soon because this one has taken WAY OVER the 20 free minutes I had.  I would like to explain more about doTERRA as a company and even share some personal testimony. My kids are looking at me like they haven't been fed in over a month.  Even though they just stuffed their faces 30 minutes ago!! :)

Thanks again for reading and have a blessed day!

Jess

No comments:

Post a Comment